7 Tips to a Good Appointment
- Implement a tax plan that is continuous. Your decision or lack of will affect your tax liability. PLAN AHEAD.
- File early. Early filers get speedy refunds, no penalties and get proper attention from the tax preparer.
- In order to best help your preparer, only bring those people to your appointment that will help and not distract you or the preparer. Your full attention is needed.
- Develop a checklist of needed information to prepare for tax preparation.
- In the event you want to file early and have misplaced records, here are some tips for getting the information needed for taxes.
- Medical records can be requested from doctor and pharmacy.
- Mortgage interest or interest income can be obtained from the lending institution by request or online.
- Make sure all dependent information is correct and current. Spouses make sure you change your name to your married name with the social security office.
- Be on time for your appointment. It will give you time to relax and have a good presentation of your records and circumstances.